Wednesday, April 11, 2007

How insensitive can a company be?

When it comes to corporate lows in treatment of employees, I nominate Time Warner Cable to earn the Snake's Belly Honor for being totally despicable.
Time Warner force done of its employees to make a service call at 8 a.m. on EASTER SUNDAY for an appointment I did not make (the central office did that) to replace a faulty DVR box. The service center called at 7:30 a.m. on EASTER SUNDAY to wake me up and inform me of the impending visit.
After waiting on the phone after a 20-minute hold (45 minutes the day before when I failed to get a human voice and just hung up), I either had to make the switch right then or wait an endless numbe rof weeks ... or weeks before I got what I was paying for - a functioning unit.
I apologized to the service guy for getting him out there but explained it was not my creation and scolded the service center for being so insensitive. The woman on the other end could not have cared at all. He seems appreciative but it was little consolation.
What kind of corporate mindset sends out reps on EASTER SUNDAY??? It is absolutely shameful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In Plano, Texas, there was a simple trade of systems with Comcast; Houston got Comcast and we got Houston's Time Warner system (and a Internet provider to be named later). I also have the wireless Internet connection through TW and it's all bad. I feel like the Coyote, not the Road Runner using them.
However, in truth, no one else offers DVR service and I won't go satellite because I'm not climbing on my roof or anything that stupid.
Why should I? Why can't I get quality service out of what is essentially a monopoly? I know you have switched to a competitor (I'd love to know who that is), but the lines and all controlled by the main provider - Time Warner in Plano.
The public had no say in the matter and the elected representatives on the city council ONLY care about maintaining the franchise tax payment, which Texas cities are allowed to charge utilities. God forbid that someone should fuck with their money.
Aside from the U.S. Postal System, no one has worse customer service than cable TV providers. You can be mummified while on hold. Time Warner makes American Airlines look good and that's putting lipstick on a pig and calling her Miss America.
I know she wasn't working on EASTER FUCKING SUNDAY, you MORONS!

No comments: