Thursday, March 31, 2005

Death of Terri Schiavo

I hope ...
I hope that Terri Schiavo finally finds peace after 15 years of physical torment.
I hope her parents and family member can find some inner peace knowing that she IS in a better place than what has transpired for the last 15 years.
I hope her husband Michael can find inner peace that his decisions were, to the best of his knowledge and the best of his conscience, what Terri really wanted.
I hope those who stood, chanted, prayer and demonstrated in Florida (on all sides) will retreat to neutral corners and ask themselves in making this case into such a spectacle was worthy of their efforts, or in the end, more demeaning.
I hope Congressional leaders will never do what they did, try to interfere in a famly matter, again.
I hope that legislation is passed - for the future - which would allow for more amicable resolutions than what the world saw.
I hope and pray for the thousands of families across the nation who face the exact decisions of Michael Schiavo and the Schindlers on a daily basis. The only different is the lack of media exposure.
But mostly, I repeat, I hope that Terri Schiavo is in heaven and is whole again, having found her peace.

No comments: