First, I thought it concluded the best of the four seasons (Frankie Valli notwithstanding) and moved it to the top of the TV drama class.
But I got questions:
1) Why did Locke (the two alternate endings had either Sawyer or Desmond in the coffin) use the pseudonym “Jeremy Bentham”? For the record, this is what is listed in Wikipedia under that name.
Jeremy Bentham (February 15, 1748-June 6, 1832) was an English jurist, philosopher, and legal and social reformer. He was a political radical, and a leading theorist in Anglo-American philosophy of law. He is best known for his advocacy of utilitarianism, for the concept of animal rights, and his opposition to the idea of natural rights, with his oft-quoted statement that the idea of such rights is "nonsense upon stilts.” He also influenced the development of welfarism.
He became known as one of the most influential of the utilitarians, through his own work and that of his students. These included his secretary and collaborator on the utilitarian school of philosophy, James Mill; James Mill’s son, John Stuart Mill; and several political leaders including Robert Owen, who later became a founder of socialism.
He is also considered the godfather of University College London.
Bentham’s position included arguments in favor of individual and economic freedom, the separation of church and state, freedom of expression, equal rights for women, the end of slavery, the abolition of physical punishment (including that of children), the right to divorce, free trade, usury, and the decriminalization of homosexuality.
OK, you tell me what that all means…
2) What do you think Sun is up to meeting with Widmore?
3) Exactly WHAT is Kate sorry about with Aaron?
4) Exactly WHERE are Sayid and Hurley going? Gun in hand worth two in the bush?
5) Will Desmond and Penny still keep searching for the survivors in The Searcher?
6) WHAT did Sawyer whisper to Kate on the chopper?
7) Will Sawyer EVER wear a shirt again? For all you women, Jack or Sawyer??
8) Is Jin really dead? And where is Faraday going with no boat and no island?
9) Was Charlotte born on the island where no woman could deliver a child? Or could she be Halliwax’s daughter????? Or Penny’s half-sister? (everyone seems to have an extended family tree).
10) Why did the tape suddenly start rewinding? Or is Locke VCR challenged?
11) Will the Oceanic 6 ALL return? Or is someone writing a tell-all book?
I invite you to e-mail me at email@example.com with ideas and questions of your own.