Friday, October 28, 2005

Houston, we have an indictment!

Enough has already been said and written about today’s five-count indictment of I. Lewis “Scooter” Libby, the Vice President’s Chief of Staff, so I’m not going to add my two-cents on the eventual outcome.
But I WILL say this: everyone seems to be “sad” over all of this.
Ambassador Joseph Wilson (his wife was the name and he was the target) the indictment marked “a sad day for America.”
President George W. Bush: “we’re all saddened by today’s news.”
Libby himself in a written statement: “Today is a sad day for me.”
So when is someone going to get mad? When is someone going to get upset that people at the highest levels of government thought so stupidly that it was OK to lie to the FBI and the grand jury about all of this?
Sad, my ass! It’s sad to think that people continue to act this way when all evidence points to one thing: You don’t tell the truth, you get bit in said ass!
Hey, Scooter, do watch where you sit.

No comments: